Questions About Foundation Repair
What should I look for in a foundation repair contractor?
- Do they offer a lifetime warranty?
- If so, are there ever any service fees to come back to your home?
- Is the warranty valid only for the owner that has the work done or is it for the life of the home?
- What is their local Better Business Bureau rating?
- If there have been problems reported to the BBB, did the company take measures to address the concerns?
- Do they have a physical address? (many startup companies us a PO Box as their place of business. Should problems arise, finding owners or anyone willing to help you can be difficult.)
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they offering names of previous customers that you can check with?
How long do repairs typically take?
- The foundation repair process takes from 1 to 3 days. Sometimes it can take more or less, depending on how many piers are being installed.
What is the typical cost of foundation repair?
- There is no typical cost. Depending on the extent and severity of the damage, the number of piers to be installed, and the overall scope of the work it can range from $1,500 to over $20,000.